This recipe is featured in the BRAND NEW 2 part Savory Raw Dinner Recipes DVD set. It is super easy and very delicious!
The beauty of raw soups, is that they are quite fast to make blend them until they are the temperature you want in the Vitamix. So they can be room temperature, warm or quite warm. Just blend for 30-60 seconds for room temperature 1-2 minutes for warm, and then once you get past 2 minutes you are essentially really heating the soup and can cook it a little. So keep this in mind, depending whether you want a room temperature raw soup, or a transitional warm “raw” soup.
This recipe will please even the most skeptical people of raw soups. Just blend it a little longer so it’s warm and not cold if you’re using corn and bell peppers straight from the fridge.
3 cobs of corn
2 yellow peppers, cut into chunks
1 small onion, cut into chunks
2-3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 small avocado or 1/2 large
1/2 cup cilantro diced
2 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp herbamere/salt
1 1/2 large limes juiced
1/2 red pepper, diced
diced chili peppers or chili pepper powder to garnish
green onions to garnish
1. Cut the corn off the cob. (Make sure you have a sharp knife, a bowl or plate to catch the corn, and a towel. It’s messy!)
2. Put half of the corn, both yellow peppers, avocado, onion, garlic, half of the cilantro, cumin, lime and salt into the Vitamix or food processor.
3. Use the Vitamix tamper to push ingredients down into blade and blend until creamy. (If you don’t have a Vitamix and need to add a little water to make it blend, do so)
4. Pour into 2 bowls. Add remaining corn, and red peppers. If you like it spicy add diced chilli peppers.
5. Garnish with cilantro, red pepper, green onions and a sprinkle of chili pepper powder.
For more delicious recipes check out Savory Raw Dinner Recipes